Man and environment
Windows in sync with nature
- The exceptionally long durability of our windows has to be the biggest contribution we are making to the conservation of our resources. A large proportion of the wood used has its origins in so-called sustainably cultivated forests.
- Wood profiles are coated exclusively with environmentally-friendly colour systems.
- Our windows made from composite materials are stabilised using calcium-zinc formulation and display the “Green Line” trademark, i.e. which means they are environmentally compliant quality seal windows.
- Windows made from composite materials are anti-bacterial, hygienic, antiseptic and particularly suited to people suffering from allergies or asthma.
- The high level of heat insulation of our windows reduces energy consumption.
- The cycle of the glass has been technically reconciled and is technically advanced.
- All metal and rubber parts used can by recycled.
- The aluminium is recovered.
Kneer-Südfenster products are service-friendly, easy to maintain and colourfast.
Tested windows – Building for healthy living
The most important subsistence for the human being is the air we breathe. Particularly in the most important place on earth, our home, the air should be free from pollutants.
Since we spend 90 percent of the day in closed spaces, discharges from building materials and furnishings can endanger our health. Today the strain on indoor air is ten times that of outdoors. To date, Kneer-Südfenster is the only manufacturer of windows and front doors to fulfil the strict requirements of the Sentinel Haus Institut (SHI, Germany’s Sentinel House Institute helps to protect buildings from unwanted contaminants or structural damages), has had itself tested for these and meets them without limitations. Hence Kneer-Südfenster is the official product partner of the SHI network. SHI offers architects, building contractors and fabricators a contractual indoor air quality guarantee.
The Sentinel Haus Institut guarantee makes exceptionally high demands on building materials used, making it unique in Europe when it comes to the health of building inhabitants.